There are some things whose value we have understood since the dawn of time. Food. Shelter. A stout layer of material between you and the elements, and a knife you can depend on to help you get and keep all three.
The Nomad's do-it-all drop point blade tackles hunting, skinning, camp and everyday chores with ease. It's built from CPM-MagnaCut, one of the toughest and most highly refined steels available, milled at one of the last surviving steel mills in the United States. Sharpened to razor fineness and outfitted with a versatile, close-carry Kydex sheath that won't slow you down.
We stand behind our blades with an exceptional lifetime warranty, backed by a reputation for quality unparalleled through more than a half-century in the industry.
100% designed and handcrafted in the USA
- .140" CPM MagnaCut American made stainless powder steel
- Next evolution in blade steel - edge wear 2x longer than CPM-3V
- 100% American made materials
- 3 3/4" blade, 8 3/4 overall
- 6oz knife only
- Heat treated in-house for maximum toughness, durability and edge-holding capability
- Rigging slots allow for use as a spearhead in survival situations
- Rockwell 61-62
- Rough and rugged Apocalypse Black finish, inspired by the gritty textures of the urban jungle
- Clear, baked-on Cerakote© layer for added protection against staining and corrosion
- Deep finger choil, thumb rests allow improved control
- Textured G10 handle will not swell, split, warp or crack
- NEW low-profile Kydex sheath, perfect for horizontal or vertical belt carry
Lifetime free resharpen
- Protected by Dawson Knives’ Common Sense Guarantee
- Visit our family's workshop near Prescott, AZ, the heart of the American West
Nomad | Hunting, Camp and Outdoors Knife | Apocalypse Black Finish
This model is a very versatile knife, suitable for camping and travel. Its blade is not very long, which allows to accurately perform a various jobs. The blade remains sharp for a long time, the knife lies comfortably in the hand, and the fingers are reliably protected by the bolster.
I liked this knife at first sight!
Thank you. This is my third Dawson Knife and I'm super excited to put it in my edc/camping/hunting/hiking rotation. I think this is my new favorite knife. Exquisite craftsmanship and engineering went into the making of his beauty. I'm blown away, thank you so much. I think I'm going to order the Outcast next week!
Note: I like the new carbon fiber/kydex sheath, but the leather/kydex sheaths were better and held the knife more secure in my opinion.
I found dawson knives this year and so glad I did. The nomad to me, is perfect.
Dawson makes working knives built to do a job, built to last (doesn't hurt they look great too) the quality is off the charts. I drove up to the factory to pick up the Nomad I ordered on line while I was waiting for my order to be filled I saw the final 2 steps in the QC process before shipping each blade is hand inspected and tested for sharpness (via paper test) then another employee hand inspected the blade and checks the fit of the sheath before it goes out the door. The quality of their blades would indicate that this high level of QC is used at every step in the building process and it shows in the quality of their blades.( I also purchased 3 othe blades while I was there)
I have been a very satisfied customer and collector of Dawson Knives since the early 80's. I first recognized quality when Barry and his brother first introduced their work at certain gun shows. Since that time I have greatly enjoyed watching the changes and new ideas from DK. I have greatly enjoyed conversations with John Roy and meeting some of his family. I will continue to watch new ideas and projects from DK. (Maybe a sheath that keeps the whole package a little smaller for EDC ?)
Keep up the good work and God Bless.