Pathfinder | CPM MagnaCut Stainless Steel | Arizona Copper Finish
- 100% designed and handcrafted in the USA
- .210" CPM MagnaCut American made stainless powder steel
- Next evolution in blade steel - edge wear 2x longer than CPM-3V
- 100% American made materials
- 4.5" blade, 9 5/8" overall
- 10oz knife only / 14oz including sheath
- Heat treated in-house for maximum toughness, durability and edge-holding capability
- Rockwell 60-61
- Choice of handle colors
- Beautiful Arizona Copper finish
- Deep finger choil, thumb ramp allow improved control
- Textured G10 handle will not swell, split, warp or crack
- Custom fitted Leather + Kydex sheath for carry on belt or backpack
- Thumb and finger rests for control and safe handling
- Lifetime free resharpen
- Protected by Dawson Knives’ Common Sense Guarantee
Description: Experienced outdoorsmen will tell you, you don't need or even want a ginormous knife out in the wild, where space in your backpack and weight on your belt is at a premium. The Pathfinder rocks as an all-around field and camping knife. Its heavy-duty drop point blade has plenty of heft for chopping, shelter building, camp chores and game quartering in a trim and compact package. Crafted from CPM-MagnaCut steel, it is highly resistant to staining and corrosion, with an integral hand guard and thumb ramp for safe and secure handling. It also features a lanyard hole and extended tang, flattened to use for prying or applying concentrated force. Coconuts, anyone?
My Pathfinder knife was shipped promptly from Dawson Knives. The blade itself is razor sharp out of the box. Blade comes with a high quality leather/kydex sheath with excellent hardware. Quality in workmanship is second to none. The lifetime free sharpening service from Dawson Knives can't be beat. Very happy with my purchase.
I have a few other Dawson, so I expected the knife to be good, but this was even better than expected. The Pathfinder is my favorite Dawson, and maybe my favorite fixed blade ever! I love Magnacut, and the deep hollow grind will make this an amazing cutter. This will be a lifetime knife for me, and it will often find itself in my hip while hiking and outdoors.
I'm relatively new to this world, but I am not new to knowing high quality craftsmanship and this piece (and the other 3 that I have purchased) are in the top 1% when it comes to craftsmanship and a high quality product. I look forward to add a few more to my collection.
This is my 5th. Knife from Dawson knives and they are all outstanding knives. Great company and great knives. Can’t see buying from anyone else
There are no lesser quality knives in the catalog. Everything produced by the Dawsons get the same attention to detail from entry level to the top tier swords. It's amazing to find such a robust and capable knife that is manufactured with such seamless fabrication. I only wish I went for the Explorer Elite to give me a little more blade length. I would love to see gourmet kitchen cutlery in megnaCut to accompany my Miyabi Honbazuke finished Karelian birch handle chef's knife. I'm a big fan!
I have never been a knife person— until I found Dawson knives. The balance is excellent along with the artistry of the grip and the metal. These knives are fabulous!