- Rough and rugged Apocalypse Black finish, inspired by the gritty textures of the urban jungle
100% designed and handcrafted in the USA
- .210" CPM MagnaCut American made powder steel
- Next evolution in blade steel - edge wear 2x longer than CPM 3V
- 100% American made materials
- Heat treated in-house for maximum toughness, durability and edge-holding capability
- Textured G10 handle that will not swell, split, warp or crack
- Authentic interlocking wrap in black cotton silk
- Top bevel for balance and speed
- Custom Kydex / Leather Hybrid fitted sheath
- Lifetime free resharpen included
- Protected by Dawson Knives’ Common Sense Guarantee
Overall: 20 1/2”
Absolutely amazing. The balance is not perfect on the helmsman but it’s damn close and the extra weight is towards your hand. They probably did that on purpose for more control. I bought the Bowie knife and the balance there is perfect. I absolutely recommend these knives. I own the Bowie, Helmsman, and escape from LA. I love them sooo much I am starting to gift them to my camper and prepper friends!
Dawson's knives never disappoint me .This Helsman Sword is especially good.With its length of 14" blade and averaged length handle its so well balanced and agile that you will enjoy handling and use it for whatever purpose needed.
I have been amazed by the quality of every knife purchased here and the helmsman does not disappoint. Fantastic balance, particularly for such a large blade. Absolutely razor sharp. A very well thought out knife. Only thing I would change is sheath is a bit tight and leaves scuff marks on finish. Knife/sword is absolutely fantastic though.
Went to shop in person. Great fast & friendly service. Great quality sword & extremely sharp.
Dear Dawson knives,
I just received my Helmsmen knife that I have been waiting months for. I could have got one sooner if I were willing to settle for a G10 handle but I held out for the iron wood instead. Believe me when I say it was worth the wait. This blade is an absolute masterpiece of craftsmanship. Everything I expected and then some. I would like to thank the Dawson staff for doing everything they said they would in a very professional manner.
I was a little hesitant with the Arizona copper finish. I can say pictures do it no justice, it is absolutely beautiful in person! This blade is a beast, I love it! The weight, balance, and finish 🎯💯! I now have 5 knives and 2 swords for my Dawson collection. If you’re looking for top-of-the-line knives/swords search further, Dawsons craftsmanship & quality are second to none and there made in the good old U.S.A., thank you!! 👍🏻👍🏻⚒🇺🇸⚒