- Rough and rugged Apocalypse Black finish, inspired by the gritty textures of the urban jungle
100% designed and handcrafted in the USA
- .210" CPM MagnaCut American made powder steel
- Next evolution in blade steel - edge wear 2x longer than CPM 3V
- 100% American made materials
- Heat treated in-house for maximum toughness, durability and edge-holding capability
- Industry-leading clear Cerakote© finish protects your blade from corrosion
- Textured G10 handle that will not swell, split, warp or crack
- Authentic interlocking wrap in black cotton silk
- Top bevel for balance and speed
- Custom Kydex / Leather Hybrid fitted sheath
- Lifetime free resharpen included
- Protected by Dawson Knives’ Common Sense Guarantee
Overall: 20 1/2”
I own many Dawson knives, but nothing like this Helmsman sword. From the Scorched Earth finish to the wrapped Ironwood handle, this is a thing of beauty.
Have not actually put my hands it yet so really can’t answer your question yet
I have bought dozens of high end knives over the years, including 5 from Dawson knives and have to say you can't beat the quality of their blades. I am a customer for life and will be glad to pass their blades on to my kids and grandchildren! Truly American craftsmanship at its finest!
I landed The Helmsman and I'm totally impressed with the balance, weight, construction and beauty of this piece of craftsmanship. It took me awhile to get one, but now I have it in my edged collection. I will be adding another piece as soon as it is available. I suggest you do too.
I wanted a katana ended up with the Helmsman. I love it even more!