- NEW! Scorched Earth blade finish - rich dark bronze with a darker earth camouflage pattern
100% designed and handcrafted in the USA
- .210" CPM MagnaCut American made powder steel
- Next evolution in blade steel - edge wear 2x longer than CPM 3V
- 100% American made materials
- Heat treated in-house for maximum toughness, durability and edge-holding capability
- Rockwell: 61-62
- Clear, baked-on Cerakote© layer for added protection against staining and corrosion
- Textured G10 handle that will not swell, split, warp or crack
- Authentic interlocking wrap in black cotton silk
- Top bevel for balance and speed
- Custom Kydex / Leather Hybrid fitted sheath
- Lifetime free resharpen included
- Protected by Dawson Knives’ Common Sense Guarantee
Blade: 14”Overall: 20 1/2”
Went to shop in person. Great fast & friendly service. Great quality sword & extremely sharp.
Dear Dawson knives,
I just received my Helmsmen knife that I have been waiting months for. I could have got one sooner if I were willing to settle for a G10 handle but I held out for the iron wood instead. Believe me when I say it was worth the wait. This blade is an absolute masterpiece of craftsmanship. Everything I expected and then some. I would like to thank the Dawson staff for doing everything they said they would in a very professional manner.
I own many Dawson knives, but nothing like this Helmsman sword. From the Scorched Earth finish to the wrapped Ironwood handle, this is a thing of beauty.
Have not actually put my hands it yet so really can’t answer your question yet
I have bought dozens of high end knives over the years, including 5 from Dawson knives and have to say you can't beat the quality of their blades. I am a customer for life and will be glad to pass their blades on to my kids and grandchildren! Truly American craftsmanship at its finest!