GRIND-IN | March 25-27, 2022: MODERATE Class Level
Minimum of one year of previous attendance at the Grind-In required to register for this class.
****All Grind-In Deposits are Non-Refundable****
- Build on last year's skills with NEW machinery, tools and techniques
- NEW! You'll craft a unique 4" Scagel-style blade design we've created just for the 2022 Moderate Level class
- We'll professionally heat-treat your knife in our ovens
- Make your own Scagel-style Stag and leather handle
- Design and craft decorative file work
- Build and sew a leather sheath
- Quality instruction by John Roy and Dennis Cook; professional knifemakers with more than thirty years' combined experience
- Take home your own handmade knife
- Includes an invite to a family bbq at our home on Sunday, March 27th - chow down and test out your new blade with a fun backyard cut test
This was a great experience!! I got to make my very own Scagel-style blade with my own unique flare that fits my hand perfectly. The family here at Dawson enjoy their trade so much that they invite ANYONE to come into their house and learn their trade. They shared their passion and experience with such enthusiasm that when I finished this session I wanted more, more, more!!!
This is a must for anyone that has the slightest interest in learning the knife making trade!
This was my third class with Dawson and every one was a ton of fun and full of good knifemaking instruction. My finished knife was far better than what I was expecting when I signed up and I am very pleased. Dennis and the other members of Dawson created a fun and friendly atmosphere in which everybody learned and progressed. I highly recommend this class for a first class experience in knife making.
The Big Bear is a big knife but handles like a midsize. Well balanced and very useful many cutting tasks. The Big Bear is a good camp or hiking knife. My Grind In knife is perfect because I built it! Love it!
will do again next year.
I had a fantastic time making a Skagel style knife at this year's Grind-in. The Dawson crew did a remarkable job handling everyone and helping us make wonderful, personalized knives. To get of make a personalized Dawson knife with the help of Dennis, John and the rest of the crew one of my favorite experiences. They are great people!
You guys are, and have always been amazing!
Write some content about what they are saying about your store.