Forester | Apocalypse Black Finish | CPM MagnaCut Steel
- 100% designed and handcrafted in the USA
- .140" CPM MagnaCut American made stainless powder steel
- Next evolution in blade steel - edge wear 2x longer than CPM-3V
- 100% American made materials
- 4" blade, 8 3/8" overall
- 7oz knife only / 12oz including sheath
- Heat treated in-house for maximum toughness, durability and edge-holding capability
- Rockwell 60-61
- Choice of handle colors
- Rough and rugged Apocalypse Black finish, inspired by the gritty textures of the urban jungle
- Deep finger choil, thumb ramp allow improved control
- Textured G10 handle will not swell, split, warp or crack
- Custom fitted Leather + Kydex sheath for carry on belt or backpack
- Thumb and finger rests for control and safe handling
- Lifetime free resharpen
- Protected by Dawson Knives’ Common Sense Guarantee
Description: One of our favorite designs here at Dawson Knives, the Forester is your granddad's go-to, jack-of-all-trades woods knife made even better. A fine tip and deep belly make this knife the ideal companion for everything from dressing game to camp chores and kindling. The rounded pommel nicely balances the tip and creates a comfortable, easy to hold handle that fits a wide range of hand sizes. Available in your choice of textured G10 or polished Carbon Fiber handle scales.
Well made and very balanced knife. Not as sharp as I would of expected. A few minutes on my ceramic stone and it shaves!
This knife is better than I expected!
Excellent craftsmanship. A beautiful work of art. Proud to have it and looking forward to a future purchase from the Dawson family here in AZ
Superb quality in a knife. The copper finish is super nice. Handle shape is great. My first Dawson blade. I’ll be back….
I often scratch a knife along my thumb nail to gauge its sharpness. I laid this blade on my thumb nail and it wouldn't move! The Forrester is the sharpest knife I have ever owned. Oh and today is my birthday... I never thought I would get this far (neither did my mom, God rest her soul) I'm old enough to know a sharp blade when I test one (i"m seventy four today). I showed it to my neighbor who is a self-proclaimed knife guy. He unknowingly cut himself with it.
I recently purchased the Forester for the upcoming hunting season. I had been researching different knife styles, steels, and handle materials for months to find the right fit for our wet climate in the PNW. I could not be happier to have come across Dawson Knives. The Forester feels incredible in the hand, the G10 handle is worked beautifully for a really unique look, and the specter finish on the blade adds quite the aesthetic. This will absolutely become my go to field knife. They also have an awesome t-shirt if you want to show some love around town. I can’t recommend these guys enough!