Explorer Elite | NEW Scorched Earth Finish | CPM MagnaCut Stainless Steel
- NEW! Scorched Earth blade finish - rich dark bronze with a darker earth camouflage pattern
100% designed and handcrafted in the USA
- .210" CPM MagnaCut American made stainless powder steel
- Next evolution in blade steel - edge wear 2x longer than CPM-3V
- 100% American made materials
- 5.5" blade, 10 3/4" overall
- 11oz knife only / 16 oz including sheath
- Heat treated in-house for maximum toughness, durability and edge-holding capability
- Rockwell 60-61
- Choice of handle colors
- Deep finger choil, thumb ramp allow improved control
- Textured G10 handle will not swell, split, warp or crack
- NOW AVAILABLE: Space-grade black Carbon Fiber handle
- Custom fitted Leather + Kydex sheath for carry on belt or backpack
- Thumb and finger rests for control and safe handling
- Lifetime free resharpen
- Protected by Dawson Knives’ Common Sense Guarantee
I have been buying Dawson knives since the early 80's and have never been disappointed, this Explorer Elite exceeded my already high expectations. I showed it to some of my friends at work and they all jumped on the Dawson Knives website to check them out! You will not be disappointed!
In addition to its unique blade design and obviously great looks, the Explorer Elite knife offers everything I want in a hunting knife when traveling in remote areas either on foot or horseback. Unlike more specialized knives, this knife is a do-it-all reliable partner for clearing brush for a spike camp, prepping food, building wind and rain shelters with an ultralight tarp for long hours behind a scoping scope, whether in southern Arizona or Alaska, and cleaning game of course. Razor sharp, durable and trustworthy. If you're on your own or with one other guy, you'll appreciate the Elite Explorer on your hip!
Above expectations in terms of looks and build quality.
Magnacut steel : top !
Design knife : top !
Materials : top !
Ergonomy : top
Sheath : top !
What else ?
This is my 3rd Dawson hunting knife. I am a professional hunter with a survivalist streak in me. These knives never disappoint. This new Explorer Elite is a beast and you can tell it was built for work. I will have no hesitation battoning this bad bay through an elk pelvis. As always, service is outstanding and I absolutely love sending money to such a quality, Christian based company. Butch Amlong, Jacksboro Texas
I really like the fit and finish. I love the blade. I look forward to them coming out with a Bowie knife.