History is riddled with periods of uncertainty. A wise man doesn't panic, he prepares. Fortify yourself against future challenges with a tool you can rely on, no matter what.
Crafted from premium, American-made CPM-Magnacut stainless steel in heavy-duty .210" stock, the Shepherd XL features a 5.5" blade that is highly resistant to corrosion or staining. Thanks to our own specialty heat treat, Dawson blades stay sharp up to twice as long as other premium steels.
Backed by an industry-leading warranty and over 50 years' knifemaking experience, the Shepherd XL is a stronghold of American quality and craftsmanship.
100% designed and handcrafted in the USA
- .210" CPM MagnaCut American made stainless powder steel
- Next evolution in blade steel - edge wear 2x longer than CPM-3V
- 100% American made materials
- 5.5" blade, 10 5/8" overall
- 10.6oz knife only / 14.4oz including sheath
Scorched Earth blade finish - rich dark bronze with a darker earth camouflage pattern
- Heat treated in-house for maximum toughness, durability and edge-holding capability
- Clear, baked-on Cerakote© layer for added protection against staining and corrosion
- Rigging slots allow for use as a spearhead in survival situations
- Rockwell 61-62
- Deep finger choil, thumb rests allow improved control
- Textured G10 handle will not swell, split, warp or crack
- NEW low-profile Kydex sheath, perfect for horizontal or vertical belt carry
Lifetime free resharpen
- Protected by Dawson Knives’ Common Sense Guarantee
- Visit our family workshop near Prescott, AZ, the heart of the American West
Superpower craftsmanship made with love!
This knife is the ultimate do all. It is razor sharp. I cut through an auto carpet with backing like a knife through butter. I need 2. “Two is one and one is none. “
I have been buying Dawson knives for 40 years. You can't buy a better knife. I love the Shepherd XL,
Another great knife from Dawson, I just love their knives! The materials, quality and workmanship are top notch and you can always count on getting that same value over and over again. BEST company to deal with ever!
This is an aesthetically perfect work of true craftmanship. I love the way it feels in my hand, the balance and weight are spot on. What a well thought out piece. My first Dawson Knife, already my favorite knife. Certainly will not be my last. A true testament to what a family run business in our great country can put out when quality is the goal. Great job!
I have several knives from Dawson, and this one has the same quality and looks I have come to know and trust.