Chief | NEW Whiteout Finish | CPM MagnaCut Stainless Steel
- NEW! Whiteout blade finish - no fuss, no frills, just sleek, classic gray matte
100% designed and handcrafted in the USA
- .210" CPM MagnaCut American made stainless powder steel
- Next evolution in blade steel - edge wear 2x longer than CPM-3V
- 100% American made materials
- 5 1/4" blade, 9 3/4" overall
- 10oz knife only / 14oz including sheath
- Heat treated in-house for maximum toughness, durability and edge-holding capability
- Rockwell 60-61
- Deep finger choil, thumb ramp allow improved control
- Textured G10 handle will not swell, split, warp or crack
- NOW AVAILABLE: Space-grade black Carbon Fiber handle
- Custom fitted Leather + Kydex sheath for carry on belt or backpack
- Thumb and finger rests for control and safe handling
- Lifetime free resharpen
- Protected by Dawson Knives’ Common Sense Guarantee
My dawson collection grows and the quality continues.
Chief | Arizona Copper Finish | CPM MagnaCut Stainless Steel
This Chief knife is perfect in every way. Very heavy, thick, beastly, and extremely sharp. Ready to slice evil at a moments notice.
Chief | Apocalypse Black Finish | CPM MagnaCut Stainless Steel
Idk if it’s me, or per the course, but like my Sebenza the Chief came in a bit under par for what you pay. Does not matter the steel, e piece of bar stock with an edge at this price point needs to be perfect. The false edge is not even, not in the length or the angle of the grind. The jimping looks hand filed, which is okay if it is, but again, is uneven, from one side of the cut to the other, and some cuts are not even deep enough to be considered functional. The radius on the corners of the handle and the blade guards also, uneven from left to right, and in depth of the grinding. Im not TOO disappointed. Its a working blade after all, but not a good first impression, especially when, unlike a folding knife, if not easily fixable.
The sheathe, as beautiful as it is, is kinda useless for any real purpose. It for sure “hides” the knife from skittish people, but goodluck getting a secure purchase on the handle. I get it, its a work/hunting sheath, but i have small hands, and do not feel secure at all when pulling it out because there is so little handle to grab on to. And there are no other options available from factory.
So over all i give it an 8/10. Its all well made, but needs to be better. I hop mine is just a fluke, but for $380 there should be 0 flukes. So for execution i give it a 6/10. Its low because i am disappointed in tbe lacl of WC my knife was afforded, and disappointed in the sheath and lack of options for one that better suits my needs.
I would still recommend them.
I finally pulled the trigger on purchasing a Dawson Knives Chief in CPM Magnacut and I’m very happy with the results. The knife comes with certified hardness, an amazing edge and the apocalypse black finish is perfect. The weight is very well balanced. I selected the red G10 handle which comes darker than I had expected but actually looks better than pictured on the website specifically with the finish on the blade. I look forward to putting this knife to work in the field and I would highly recommend anyone that may be on the fence about making a purchase from Dawson Knives go ahead with it.